Who Can Join?
Charter Oak is a community credit union. Membership is open to anyone who lives, works, goes to school, volunteers, or worships in New London County or Windham County, Connecticut. Membership also extends to immediate family or household members as well as businesses and other legal entities.
"Once a member, always a member!"
Once you join Charter Oak Federal Credit Union you may remain a member for life.
How do I Join?
1. On-Line: Begin your application right now.
2. Visit Charter Oak: One of our Member Service Representatives will make opening a Charter Oak account an easy and pleasant experience. You will need to bring the following with you:
- Two valid forms of identification. Primary ID must be a driver's license, a military ID, or a passport.
- Cash or a check (made payable to Charter Oak Federal Credit Union) for at least $5.
3. Give us a call: If you don't have time to visit the Credit Union, you may contact the Call Center at 860-446-8085, ext. 102. When beyond our local calling area, call 800-962-3237, ext. 102. We will mail you everything you need to open a Charter Oak account, including a postage-paid envelope!